Monday, February 18, 2008

sheetrock, hold the nails please

Every surface of this house has sheetrock, covering the lath and plaster. Most of the sheets have only about 12 screws or so holding them on. In one room, I started pulling one sheet down, and 4 others came down with it. Its a hell of a note when the taping is stronger than the fasteners! Spent the day sick today, but am getting back to it tomorrow. The dumpster shows up tomorrow, and I'll be filling it quickly. Now that most of the sheetrock is down, I'll finally get the opportunity to rip out the lath, reorganize the floor plan, and put it back together. Before I put it back together though, I need to rip the roof, repair/framing, and re-roof. I was hoping that we could wait on it, but there are some pretty bad leaks, one of them caved in a bathroom ceiling. We were wanting to save up and put a metal roof on, but that might not be in the cards either. Oh well, as Gustav Stickley's motto reads, "Als ik kan"...to the best of my abilities.

No comments: